[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 PDC w/ LDAP - XP client

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Wed May 19 19:47:21 GMT 2004

Le Wed, May 19, 2004 at 04:43:11PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger a ecrit:
> - Right now my XP-box has the registry changed (SignOrSeal ...)
> because I somewhere read about that. Necessary or not? (I will test
> that ...)
No, not necessary

> - Should smbldap-populate get edited to create root with uidnumber=0?
smbldap-populate does not create a root account. But you can use the
Administrator one. I just forgot to set the uidNumber to 0 in 0.8.4 version
of the script.
You can set it using 'smbldap-usermod -u 0 Administrator'

> - Should smbldap-populate get edited to use the same ou-Container for
> Users AND Computers?
smbldap-populate will create an ou for both users and computers. You don't
need to change this script. If you want computer's account to be set in
ou=Users, just modify the smbldap.conf file as follow:
computersdn="ou=Users,..."
Note that you can use ou=Computers for computer's account: look at this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=108439612826440&w=2
--
Jérôme