[Samba] What files to configure for Samba+LDAP

abebe lsslp peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 03:35:54 GMT 2004

I have a samba 3 server running as PDC on my small testing network with one win 98 and one XP pro clients. My PDC works perfectly! I am now trying to add LDAP 2.2 (release version) to work with Samba 3.

I have been reading about LDAP all day long. However, the more I read, the more I am getting confused. I was wondering what files I need to configure for LDAP to work with Samba? I am currently configering sldap.conf and smb.conf. Also, can any one point me to a good source where I can get specific instructions on Samba+LDAP?

Thanks,

Ambex

PS: I just got done reading the LDAP How to and I am more confused now than I was yesterday. I think I am thinking about this harder than I should.