[Samba] Questions on NT4 vs ADS Domains and Samba

Wolf N. Paul wnp at doulos.at
Mon May 10 09:53:07 GMT 2004

I have a situation at work where we need to migrate our
NT4 domain into a native ADS domain.

However, we have some applications which need to be integrated
with this which do not support Samba 3 at the moment (ie. ClearCase).

Would it be possible to run Samba 2.2.8 on our ClearCase (UNIX) server,
and specify USER authentication with the SERVER entry pointing to
a Samba3 machine which is a member of the ADS domain?

In other words, can I use a SAMBA3 machine as an "authentication proxy"
for clients using the NT4 authentication protocol?

Thanks,

Wolf Paul