[Samba] slow connecting to mapped drive after restart smbd

steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk
Thu May 6 06:19:37 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a running samba3.3 as a file server in NT4 domain.  After a several
weeks without rebooting, I found alot of SMBD process exist and they
occupied a high usage of CPU, so I restart SMB service then all the thing
seems work nice again.  However, after this restart, some of the user report
that they are very difficult to connect to the mapped drive, they have to
wait for a long time to connect.  This case is not always happen, but
occured sometime.

I would like to ask, is that mean I should not restart the SMB service?  or,
how can I restarting it without problem?  Please kindly advise, thankyou.

Best Regards,
Steven