[Samba] SID versus user-group name in Property windows

Daniel Chénard dchenard at croesus.com
Fri Mar 19 18:10:28 GMT 2004

I have a weird issue when I wanna see Security Tab in the file
property's.  I dont see the user and group name's but only their SID.

See pictures

but when I add users and group acl on this file, I get their user and
group name.

If I close and reopen the propetu of this file, I get again the SID

Someone know how to fix this issue??

My file server is a domain member of the PDC
My PDC is on LDAP
I use LDAP-auth on the file server

this is my config on the file server

    [global]
        workgroup = DOMAINNAME
        server string = Samba Server
        security = server
        password server = PDCSERV
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        dns proxy = No
        #ldap ssl = no
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://PDCSERV
        ldap suffix = dc=company,dc=com
        ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap group suffix = ou=Group
        ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=company,dc=com
        debuglevel = 10

--
Daniel Chénard

Croesus Finansoft Inc.
2 Place Laval, Suite 510
Laval, Quebec
Canada H7N 5N6
Site Web: www.croesus.com

Daniel.Chenard at croesus.com
Tel: +1 450-662-6101, 145
Fax: +1 450-662-3629

Please Note: The Light at the End of The Tunnel
             will be turned off until further
             notice due to budget cutbacks.
                                --The Managemen