[Samba] Difficulty adding machines to domain

Tim Gibson timgib at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 01:45:32 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have set up a samba server on RH9, using Samba 3.02.
Everything (almost) is working and I have several
workstations connected including Xp, 98 and 2000
machines.
My problem is that 2 machine won't connect, when I try
to join them to the domain I get an error "username
could not be found". I have added the machine account
names manually, and retried using different names - to
no avail.
Both machines are XP SP1 - I have 4 others joined with
the same OS.
Any ideas?

My smb.conf file globals are:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2004/03/29 08:42:23

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = ACQUA
realm = ACQUA
server string = Acqua-Server
username map = /etc/samba/user.map
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
domain logons = Yes
domain master = Yes
dns proxy = No