[Samba] Roaming Profiles with WinXP and Samba PDC

Jerry Winegarden jbw at duke.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:51:35 GMT 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, John H Terpstra wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Alex Forrow wrote:
>
> > Unless I'm mistaken this is just a typo:
> >
> >         logon path = \\L%\profiles\%U
> >
> > Surely 'L%' should be '%L'?
>
> Correct.
>

> > Would testparm pick this up? Probably not
>
> Testparm does not psycho-analyze the intent of the administrator to this
> extent. :) It assumes that the path specified is valid.
>
> - John T.

Neither does it check the Linux/Unix directory access permissions for
the chain of subdirectories that contain the directory which
you identify as the "profiles" share in smb.conf.

  .~.   Jerry Winegarden
 / v \  OIT/Technical Support, Duke University
/( _ )\ jbw at duke.edu, http://www-jerry.oit.duke.edu
  ^ ^