[Samba] Lots of Samba (smbd) processes

Collen Blijenberg <MLHJ> systeembeheer at hermanjordan.nl
Thu Mar 25 07:48:08 GMT 2004

Hmm i see you have a lot of "broken pipes" and "oplock_break failures"
think your prob might be there..
i'm not sure, but the broken pipes might come from that oplock issue..
are you running kernel 2.4.2x, by anny change??
(coz' as far as i know, it has a oplock prob)

you could try to disable the oplocks to see what happens.. (with in
samba that is)
also try setting your log level up, so you have more debug info.
L8r.
Collen Blijenberg (MLHJ)

RCSPS> Here is the log file.  I modified the S99samba startup to kill all smbd's.
RCSPS> That fixed the "stop"  situation.  Still concerned about all the processes.
RCSPS> There are some log messages about broken pipes?   Thanks so much, Rick
RCSPS> ----- Original Message -----
RCSPS> From: "Collen Blijenberg <MLHJ>"
RCSPS> <systeembeheer at hermanjordan.nl>
RCSPS> To: "Rick Cone, Secure Payment Systems"
RCSPS> <rcone at securepaymentsystems.com>
RCSPS> Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 12:52 AM
RCSPS> Subject: Re: [Samba] Lots of Samba (smbd) processes