[Samba] High Avalaibility with Samba

Sebastien Govaere sebastien.govaere at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 25 06:58:51 GMT 2004

Hello,

On my network, I have two servers servA and servB wich have a set of
directories always synchronized.
I need to install Samba on each server with High Availability (fail
over) between them: in normal condition, Samba on servA must serve the
network with the files requested by windows clients and in case of
inaccessibility of servA, servB must answer to the request for the same
file.
Any idea ?
If it is a reqest to write (modify) the file, is there a solution that
work with lock shared between the two servers ?

Sébastien