[Samba] getpwnam() fails!

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Mar 24 22:41:49 GMT 2004

All Samba domain.
OS FreeBSD 5.2.1
ldap set up with working replication

ldap slave        ldap master        ldap slave
192.168.4.0-------192.168.1.0--------192.168.3.0
BDC-1             PDC                BDC-2

PDC and BDC-2 are fine but on BDC-1 I get the following errors:

- id(1) only return values for system password database users
- machine logs indicates a problem with getpwnam():

[2004/03/24 22:59:43, 1, pid=68224, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_sam(821)
   User Guest in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

In this situation of course nothing works properly at the BDC-1 site.

I really tried to make configuration identical on both BDC's but
apparently I did something wrong and I'm tearing my hair trying to
figure it out.

Anybody?