[Samba] access database locking issue

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Wed Mar 17 17:16:33 GMT 2004

Hello. after getting suse 9.0 loaded on a new machine here an configuring
samba 2.28 that came on the cd's I'm having a locking problem with some
access database files. I had this same problem when i first went to linux 2
years go an started storing some access database files on the server. It
seems only one person  (an sometimes 2 i'm told by the users) can have the
file open at a time. we use it for keeping up with our traffice log here of
incoming an outgoing shippments. it was working fine on the old server but
now that it crashed on me I had to setup a temp machine til i get some new
parts in for the old one.

i will post my samba conf file in this email for someone to look at an
point me in the direction i'm going wrong. thanks for the info / help.

jack

smb.conf file is below

# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2003-09-23
[global]
       socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
       domain logons = no
       unix extensions = Yes
       encrypt passwords = yes
       map to guest = Bad User
       security = user
       preferred master = auto
       add user script =
       time server = Yes
       printing = CUPS
       veto oplock files = /*.dbf/*.fpt/*.cdx/*.mdb/*.xls
       domain master = false
       printcap name = CUPS
       veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
       workgroup = etlb
       server string = BackUP production server (FROG)
       os level = 68
       local master = no
       netbios name = Frog samba server
       wins support = true