[Samba] Group Mapping Problems with Samba 3.0.2a & OpenLDAP 2.2.6

Ganael Laplanche ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
Tue Mar 16 15:08:40 GMT 2004

Hi,

Didn't you forget to create a posixGroup entry for the group you're trying to add ?

1 - Create your group in /etc/group
groupadd somegroup

2 - Add this entry to your Ldap directory :

dn: cn=somegroup,ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: somegroup
gidNumber: 1003

(modify the dn and gid to match your needs...)

Once this entry added, you should be able to map "somegroup" to any Windows group...

Good luck,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
http://www.martymac.com