[Samba] samba 2.2.3a / openLDAP connection problem

Markus Amersdorfer mamers2003 at aon.at
Mon Mar 15 22:25:42 GMT 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:47:14 +0000
Martin Wood <martin at ideaworks3d.com> wrote:

Hi,

> ok, thanks for the replies so far...I dont seem to be having much luck
> the samba and ldap servers are on the same machine..
> [...]
> ldapsearch -x '(cn=Manager)'
> gives :
> [nothing-found]

Can you add entries to and search the directory without any Samba
software involved?
What does "ldapsearch -x" return?
Also, try some more verbose ldapsearch-commands. Debian e.g. needs
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf to hold BASE and URI information in order for
"ldapsearch -x '(pattern)'" to succeed (AFAICT), otherwise your have to
set these options explicitly...

Cheers,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/