[Samba] smb bdc ldap strict read only ?

RRuegner robert at ruegner.org
Sat Mar 13 14:33:27 GMT 2004

Hi Sambatistas,
if have setup a ldap pdc which works realy nice.
Connected over vpn i wanna setup a bdc with an ldap slave as recommended
in the docs.
My question is should this ldap slave strict read only ?.
I thought about passwords , as i enabled the ldap password sync.
If the con is interrupted and there is only the slave what happens if a
user wants to change his password?
Should i strictly forbid such actions to the slave from the bdc, so that
it is read only or is ther a way to configure ldap slave in setup
to synchronize the written changes to his master after the connect to
the master is up again.
I know this is more related to ldap question but any recommends are welcome
Best Regards