[Samba] samba 2.2.3a / openLDAP connection problem

Markus Amersdorfer mamers2003 at aon.at
Sat Mar 13 00:32:36 GMT 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:27:48 +0000
Martin Wood <martin at ideaworks3d.com> wrote:

> i've created a normal account for the user, but when i get to do :
>
> # smbpasswd -D10 -a marvsmb
>
> i get :
>
> ldap_open_connection: connection opened
> ldap_connect_system: Binding to ldap server as
> "cn=manager,dc=ideaworks3d,dc=com"
> Bind failed: Can't contact LDAP server
> ldap_open_connection: connection opened
> ldap_connect_system: Binding to ldap server as
> "cn=manager,dc=ideaworks3d,dc=com"
> Bind failed: Can't contact LDAP server
> Failed to add entry for user marvsmb.
> Failed to modify password entry for user marvsmb

It seems your Samba-process can not (or is not allowed to -- what does
slapd-output say?) connect to the slapd-server properly.
Did you run "smbpasswd -w $LDAP_BINDPW"?

Cheers,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/