[Samba] Win client can print if printer manually created but not when auto driver installed

Lee Thao lthao at elmbrook.org
Fri Mar 12 15:33:02 GMT 2004

Is this a samba issue or cups?  I can print from a client just fine if I
install a local printer attached to a local smb port
(\\server\printershare).  But when I create a "network" printer (using apw
or double clicking on printershare in explorer), all I get for a test page
(or from anything else actually) is a blank page with three non-alpha, greek
lookin chars in the upper right.  What gives?

Printing = cups
Lee.