[Samba] open_sockets_smbd: accept: No buffer space available

Alexander Skwar not-NOSPAM-from at email-server.info
Fri Mar 12 12:37:41 GMT 2004

Hello.

>From time to time, my Samba 3.0.2a server on a HP-UX 11.00 server sends the
following messages to the syslog:

Mar 12 08:40:51 s08nfs smbd[10021]:   open_sockets_smbd: accept: No buffer space available

What's the meaning?

I found
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1079078265934+28353475&threadId=493734
which suggested to increase tcp_conn_request_max (it was at 20 and is now
at 4096), however the ITRC entry had something to do with inetd. It also
suggested that the server might be too overloaded and doesn't react quickly
enough. Is Samba 3 more picky about this then Samba 2?

They suggest to isntall two patches:

PHNE_21767
PHNE_21217

I have PHNE_26250 installed which supersedes. PHNE_21767 (or any later)
isn't installed. If it's not absolutely required, I'd like to not install
the patch since I don't want to reboot.

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
printk("HPFS: Grrrr... Kernel memory corrupted ... going on, but
        it'll crash very soon :-(\n");