[Samba] Re: Please help me with configuring samba as Dfs root !

M. Vancl mvancl at setuza.cz
Fri Mar 12 07:56:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> píse v diskusním príspevku
news:4050639E.6000604 at samba.org...
> | pokus -> msdfs:prog01t\\share
>
> The link should actually look like (on backslash).
>
> pokus -> msdfs:prog01t\share
>
> The docs say to use '\\' (and escaped backslash) when you invoke ln
> to create the link.  You should only have only backslash in the
> final link.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for your advice. But it's a pitty, it don't help me because
destination of links contains only single backslash.
Double backslash is created only by ls command for display. It is visible in
second line from logfile (is_msdfs_link: ./inoupd -> msdfs:rumba\inoupdate).
It is also verifiable by find -printf "%l\n".

Thank you once more
M. Vancl