[Samba] Samba and LDAP backend - howto docs problems?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Mar 10 15:19:10 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Another ccomment on the docs - the docs for samldap do not make any
> mention of the smbldap-tools package, and the fact that it is required
> in order to produce a usable system.
>
> And neither the samba docs, nor it would seem the smbldap-tools docs
> make any mention of what command line settings are supposed to be used
> in each case.

Well they are mentioned under "Interdomain Trusts" - but I admit that is
very obtuse.

The use of these tools is documented in the book version of the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection, "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide"
available from Amazon.Com. There are 5 chapters that are not in the HOWTO
document - these will be released on April 5th with consent from
Prentice-Hall (the book publisher).

> Is it possible to add a section to the docs to cover this?

Please send me your patches. If you are not comfortable sending XML
document patches, send me text to apply and I will put rectify the
problem.

Please note that the HOWTO is a green document - this means it is
continually being updated. Each reprinting of the HOWTO book has the
updates in it also.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra