[Samba] Application Sees Samba Share as FAT, not NTFS

David Scarpa dscarpa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:31:02 GMT 2004

We have an application running on a WinXP client pc.  The WinXP OS sees
the Samba share as NTFS, but the application does some file system
checking of its own and sees the share as FAT.  fstype = ntfs is set and
I've tried every parameter I could find to make the share more 'DOS'
compatible, but no luck.  Any suggestions?  The software vendor refuses
to support Linux.  I'd like to find a new vendor, but unfortunately this
is specialized software.

David