[Samba] Samba caching ??

Loc Nguyen nguyenbloc at tuluc.com
Mon Mar 8 19:23:39 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have an working PDC/BDC; everything is going ok. There's a minor
thing
with samba that  when I configured my PDC I started with
192.168.0.108
(DHCP) .. when I finished, I change to a static IP
(192.168.5.3), and
everything works fine. But somehow in the SAMBA log,
it always spits out

[2004/03/08 11:03:11, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail(485)
  get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:
  Doing a node status request to the domain master browser at IP
192.168.5.108 failed.
  Cannot get workgroup name.
[2004/03/08 11:18:13, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail(485)
  get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:
  Doing a node status request to the domain master browser at IP
192.168.5.108 failed.
  Cannot get workgroup name.

Does SAMBA has cache somewhere ? why this happens ? How to get rid of
it?

Thanks!