[Samba] Unable to initgroups. Error was I/O error

OMER ZENCIROGLU (EBI Bsk-Sistem Prog.) OZENCIROGLU at THY.COM
Mon Mar 8 11:39:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

We are using  samba2.2.8a compiled with winbind support on an HP-uX machine
with HP-UX11i operating system.

We are experiencing authenticating users from domain controlller.

Sometimes, some windows client are not able to connect samba server.

When we look at log file generated for a user, we see "Unable to initgroups.
Error was I/O error" error messages.

We also realised that windbindd does not generate log information anymore
into /usr/local/samba directory.

How can we fix this problem?

Thanx

Bu e-mail mesaji ve ekleri, isimleri yazili alicilar disindaki kisilere
aciklanmamasi, dagitilmamasi ve iletilmemesi gereken kisiye ozel ve gizli
bilgiler icerebilir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz lutfen gonderici ile
irtibat kurunuz, mesaj ve eklerini siliniz. E-mail sistemlerinin tasidigi
guvenlik risklerinden dolayi, mesajlarin gizlilikleri ve butunlukleri
bozulabilir, mesaj virus  icerebilir.   Bilinen viruslere karsi kontrolleri
yapilmis olarak yollanan mesajin sisteminizde yaratabilecegi olasi
zararlardan Sirketimiz (T.H.Y. A.O.) sorumlu tutulamaz.
This email and its attachments may contain private and confidential
information intended for the use of the addressee only, which should not be
announced, copied or forwarded. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender, delete the message and its attachments. Due to
security risks of email systems, the confidentiality and integrity of the
message may be damaged, the message may contain viruses. This message  is
scanned for  known viruses and our Company (Turkish Airlines Inc.) will not
be liable for possible system damages caused by the message.