[Samba] Re: Wrong owner file for the admin group

Mike Young mikey at e-mage.com.au
Fri Mar 5 03:28:14 GMT 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:53:23 -0300, Gustavo Ceresoli wrote:

> Hi, when I use the parameter "domain admin group = @admin" in my smb.conf,
> anyone user for the group admin create a file (in your home, or profile, or any
> resource) and the owner for this file is root.
>
> I would wish that the owner is the real user instead of root.
>
> I tried using the parameter force user=%U but don work.
>
> Somebody can help me?
>
> Thank

If you are using Samba 3.0.2a then this occurs because "domain admin
groups = XXX" has been dropped for the new net groupmap / Domain Admins
functionality.

You need to migrate the backend to at least tdbsam and map the appropriate
groups. You will also need to remove this entry from you smb.conf
file.