[Samba] Samba 3 "public" Access

Jason McCormick JMLists at lexi.com
Fri Mar 5 00:01:18 GMT 2004

> include = smb.conf.%L is your freind - but watch out, for this to work
> you must set 'smb ports = 139' or we might not get our 'called name' on
> which we base that.

  This is starting to make sense.  Thanks for the anwsers John and Andrew.
 One further clarification.  From the manpages it discusses %L being "what
the client calls you" so does this mean that, for example clients with
Windows and UNIX accounts would go to \\PRIVATE and windows-only users
would go to \\PUBLIC?  If so, then would I have 3 config files?  One
that's a "master" setup and then the include that pulls in,
/etc/samba/smb.conf.PUBLIC or /etc/samba/smb.conf.PRIVATE?  Also, what's
the preferred/best mechanism for making both of those appear?  Or am I way
off base?  I don't see anything in the Samba 3 docs about virtual servers
(or am I missing it under another name?)

  Thanks for the continued help!

-- Jason