[Samba] Solaris 9 --with-krb5 problems

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at math.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 4 17:00:28 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running configure with the option --with-krb5=/opt/local which is
where I have heimdal installed.  The problem is that after running make,
it still tries to use the include files from SUN that are in /usr/ and this
screws up the compile.

I can compile samba just fine using --without-krb5.

I have already tried:
setenv CFLAGS "-L/opt/local/lib"
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/opt/local/include"
setenv LD_LIBRAY_PATH "/opt/local/lib:/usr/local/lib"
setenv PATH "/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"

...but it still gets the include files from solaris which are
located in /usr/include for kerberos.  This may be a bug in the source
code since the option --with-krb5 is not simply looking in the place I am
telling it to look but also in /usr as it does by default.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the kerberos support in samba 3 is
needed only if you are compiling --with-ads to authenticate against the
windows 2000 ADS, right?

Since I only need samba to be a PDC for my windows workstations,
Should I just build it without kerberos support?  I will store all samba
user information in ldap and so authentication will be done against the
ldap LMpasswd and NTpasswd entries and not through kerberos.  This is my
understanding so please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a good document that explains in detail all the configure options
for samba?  I have not been able to find one.

Thanks for your help,

Diego