[Samba] AIX 5.2 / ACL support

Zylo shiningzylo at caramail.com
Thu Mar 4 16:46:26 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am testing the ACL support on AIX, and I have some results I do not
understand.
Config : AIX 5.2, samba 3.0.2a, compiled with gcc 2.9
and --with-acl-support.

I create a share test :

[test]
	path = /usr/tests/testpartage
	read only = No
	inherit permissions = Yes
	inherit acls = YesOn Unix side, I put the ACLs :attributes:base permissions
owner(test):  rwx    group(testtoto):  rwx    others:  ---extended
permissions    enabled    permit   rwx     u:totoThen I create, whith a
widows client , a directory doss and a file txt.txt. The ACL are
:/usr/tests/testpartage>#aclget txt.txtattributes:base permissions
owner(test):  rwx    group(testtoto):  rw-    others:  ---extended
permissions    disabled /usr/tests/testpartage>#aclget dossattributes:base
permissions    owner(test):  rwx    group(testtoto):  rwx
  others:  ---extended permissions    disabledThis behaviour seems not
consistant in comparison with linux/XFS/ACLs.Is that "normal" ?If you have
any idea, thanx in advance !