[Samba] Samba3.0.2a, MS Office (Excel), Save problem.

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Mar 3 18:09:45 GMT 2004

 Hello!

<quote>
Brief Description:
This problem has now occured with a number of users, running different
versions of Office (see below).
When saving documents, Office seems to set the read-only bit. The problem
is best shown with Excel, which when saving a spredsheet, reports the
following error:
"The Document was saved succesfully, but Excel cannot re-open it because
of a sharing violation. Please Close the Document and try again."

</quote>

We have the same problem! On 2.2.8a...
Unfortunatley, we can't reproduce it :-(
As I readed on news group, some people have the same problem on windows
fileservers.
May be this is Excel problem?
After all we used dos filemode to allow not owners change read-only bit....