[Samba] smb_panic() in name_len()

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 1 02:53:29 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 13:21, Juer Lee wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I experienced the problems with Samba 3.0.2rc1. When the Samba server is joined ADS, I got following Samba panic when access the share by hostname, it worked find if I access the share by the IP address.
>
> Actually, this issue was reported by me before. Your help is appreciated.
>
> BTW, it hasn't been solved the issue by using Samba 3.0.2 either.

>    #0 smbd(smb_panic+0x182) [0x818f52e]
>    #1 smbd(name_len+0x96) [0x80f00ce]
>    #2 smbd(reply_special+0xb5) [0x8098d31]

What name are you accessing it under?

In particular, is it more than 80 characters long?  This particular part
of the Samba code could perhaps be changed to refuse such names (which
would, I think, cause the client to try again in the same way it does
when connecting to the IP).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au