[Samba] Directories vanished

Greg Talbot gtalbot at centerone.com
Fri Jun 25 20:26:52 GMT 2004

I have a server running 3.0 with 3 shares on it.  I recently downed the
server while the shares were mapped to a windows 2k workstation.  When the
server was brought back all those directories were gone.....
fsck turned up nothing and the only account on it is root/administrator
and the history shows no deletions,and the samba logs only show that it
can now not connect to those shares any longer.

I also noticed that the SMART deamon no longer sees that partion.  But it
is there and still has 2 of the 5 directories that were there
before. (Those that were not Samba shares)

Any idea on this?