[Samba] group policy (2000/XP)

Grégory TROUCHAUD gtd at makkinanews.com
Fri Jun 25 14:35:47 GMT 2004

I 've done some google search.

i found that
	- to create a .pol compliant with windows 2000 professional client, i must
have a poledit.exe from nt4 server, that i haven't.

	- to create a GPO for my profiles, i need to install adminpak.msi that
requires a server version of windows 2000 server or a windows XP pro with
service pack 1 that i haven't  :(

Is this information are correct ?

In the document of samba, i found that samba is Active Directory like, but why
using samba if i need a server verius of windows to generate files.

Greg