[Samba] Log in one server, have shares in another ?

Mario Bittencourt mbneto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 14:25:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have samba server (2.2.X, migrating to 3.0.4) that authenticates the
users and let them mount their "home" dir.

I'd like to change that in order to have one server doing the
authentication but the shares actually being accessed in a different
one.

user ----> samba server1/login
       --------------------> samba server2/mount

How can I do that ?  My ideai is to concentrate the passwords in samba
server (since it already have the users created) but let them mount
(without having to specifiy anything) the home located in a different
server without having to create again the same user/password in samba
server2