[Samba] smbspool to Windows 2000 Server: "ERRgeneral opening remotefile"

Marc Haber mh+samba at zugschlus.de
Fri Jun 18 12:21:52 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:59:41PM +0100, Ricardo Nuno wrote:
> I had that problem a few days ago, I solved by on the win2k machine
> in the Printer properties, go to the "Advance" Tab check if you dont have
> selected "Print directly to the printer" and select "Spool print..."
> and it should work, at least for me it worked :-)

The printer settings dialog says the following:

(*) Always available

Driver: HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6

(*) Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster
   ( ) Start printing after last page is spooled
   (*) Start printing immediately
( ) Print directly to printer

[ ] Hold mismatched documents
[X] Print spooled documents first