[Samba] security = ads: problem join XP Pro?

Etienne-Hugues Fortin efortin at cyberspicace.com
Wed Jun 16 00:55:40 GMT 2004

Hi Paul,

Finally, I got a new hard disk and reinstalled my XP workstation.  I'm now
able to join the domain correctly.  I've also been able to add my printer
driver on the PDC.  So, everything is working great now.

Here's my smb.conf for those who would like a working configuration of a PDC
with LDAP

smb.conf
========

[global]
workgroup = cyberspicace
netbios name = fs01
server string = fs01
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
wins support = yes

;PDC and master browser settings
os level = 64
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
domain logons = yes

;security and logging settings
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
unix password sync = yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://<servername.domain>
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
max log size = 50
smb ports = 139 445

;security - interface
interfaces = eth0 192.168.1.0/24 lo 127/8
bind interfaces only = yes

;services
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
time server = yes
load printers = yes
printcap name = cups
printing = cups
show add printer wizard = yes

;various scripts
passwd program = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl -o %u
passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
add user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m '%u'
delete user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl %u
add group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p '%g'
delete group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl '%'g
add user to group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -m '%u'
%g'
delete user from group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x
%u' '%g'
set primary group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -g '%g'
%u'
add machine script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w '%u'
logon script = scripts\logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon drive = X:

;access
admin users = @Domain\ Admins
printer admin = root, @Domain\ Admins

;ldap backend
ldap suffix = dc=<domainname>,dc=com
ldap machine suffix = ou=People
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=<domainname>,dc=com
map acl inherit = Yes

include = /etc/samba/shares.conf
-----

Where shares.conf is having

[IPC$]
path = /tmp
hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24, 127.0.0.1
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
;valid users = %S
writable = yes
browseable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/samba/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
locking = no

[profiles]
comment = Profile Share
path = /home/samba/profiles
writable = yes
profile acls = yes
browseable = no
guest ok = yes

[printers]
comment = SMB Print Spool
path = /var/spool/samba
guest ok = yes
public = yes
writable = no
printable = yes
use client driver = no
browseable = no

[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
browseable = yes
guest ok = no
read only = yes
write list = administrator, root
-----

This is a really long config file but it's working.

Thank you for your help.  It has been really appreciated.

Etienne