[Samba] PRINT$ Problems

Paul Espinosa pespinosa at sunflowerbroadband.com
Tue Jun 15 13:13:37 GMT 2004

What I've found with point and print is that some drivers don't like to play
with it on Samba.  I tried installing a Brother (don't remember exact model)
on point and print and got a similar protection fault.  A while later I was
able to get a Xerox N17 working so easy I had to check twice that it was
really working.

I came to a conclusion that it had something to do with the way the
individual printer drivers interact with Samba.

Nothing I ever did got the Brother to work with point and print on Samba.

--
Paul Espinosa
pespinosa at sunflowerbroadband.com
IT Supervisor