[Samba] A small "thank you" for the samba-docs.

malte.mueller at ewetel.net malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Tue Jun 15 08:40:31 GMT 2004

I attended the Samba-tutorial at the last sambaXP and was lucky to receive a
copy of the "Samba by example" book.
The samba-server did always work as expected/configured for some years now, but
the hints provided by chapter 6 "making users happy" are invaluable. As pupils
log in here every 90 Minutes the load was quite high (ldap, ~7000 accounts,
P-III 1GHz). It has gone down significantly from something between 1 and 1.5 to
roughly 0.5 (as shown by "top") after using folder redirection!
I assume this is due to fewer access-rights look-up. As a side effect, the

Thanks to the Samba-team,

Malte Müller
BBS I Emden