[Samba] smbclient authentication with Suse 9.1

Ian Stuart ian.stuart at nlcfthanet.org
Tue Jun 15 08:50:40 GMT 2004

I have Samba 2.2 running on a Suse 8.1 box.

 I have just built a 9.1 client and want to use Samba authentication. It all
set up very nicely in YAST (saw the domain and joined the domain) but I cannot
log in. Domain users are not appearing at the logon prompt and, if I try to
type user name and password, I get no success.

 I am convinced this is a problem on the client side as we have a number of
other clients authenticating correctly - Win XP, Win NT4 and Xandros.

 Help please