[Samba] not working : valid users = @"DOM+USER"

Spaceboy spaceboy at spaceboy.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 14:47:40 GMT 2004

Charles,
I've just done this here on Solaris 8.

I have found slightly odd behaviour in that wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g only
return the actual usernames and groups rather than "DOMAIN+Username" and
"DOMAIN+Groupname".

So in my smb.conf file I needed:-
valid users = @Groupname

without the DOMAIN+ part.

And yes I've set winbind seperator = + as well.

Just a thought.
Steve