[Samba] not working : valid users = @"DOM+USER"

Charles Bueche bueche at netnea.com
Mon Jun 7 10:58:14 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have Samba 3.0.4 on Solaris 9, recent patches applied. Samba is
integrated in domain (security = domain). I have compiled and
configured winbind, but not pam and no ldap. Ncsd is stopped.

Winbind works OK, I can connect to share and users get mapped on-the-fly
to UNIX uids and gids in the ranges specified in smb.conf. My config is
included below with some tweaks to protect the innocent.

---

My goal : I want to create a share and restrict its access based on the
membership of a Windows group.

I have successfuly used :

	valid users = DOM+user1 DOM+user2 DOM+user3

but when I try :

	valid users = @DOM+wingroup

or :

	valid users = +DOM+wingroup

It refuses me access to the share, even if I'm member of the Windows
group.

What do I do wrong ? How should I write the groupnames ? Help wanted...

=======================
# smb.conf

[global]
	server string = Samba %v on %h
	security = domain
	domain logons = no
	domain master = no
	local master = no
	preferred master = no
	os level = 0
	dns proxy = no
	wins support = no
	load printers = no

	workgroup = DOM
	encrypt passwords = yes
	wins server = IP1 IP2
	password server = *

	debug level = 4
	log file = /var/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 1024

	# for winbind :
	winbind separator = +
	idmap uid = 10000-20000
	idmap gid = 10000-20000
	winbind enum users = yes
	winbind enum groups = yes

# share definitions

[myshare]
	comment = mycomment
	path = /data/mystuff
	browseable = yes
	writeable = Yes

# things I have tried to restrict share access
#
# works :
#	valid users = DOM+user1 DOM+user2 DOM+user3
#
# broken :
#	valid users = +zik
#	valid users = @10000