[Samba] Printer setup

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jun 4 11:20:18 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:19:22AM +0100, mm wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed samba on a linux suse server.  Can anyone point me in the
> right direction on how to setup printers for clients using NT OS's.  I have
> a printer installed on the linux machine and the printer can be seen by the
> client using unc.  When you click on the printer, suitable drivers are not
> found unless I install the drivers locally.  I would like to be able to have
> the drivers sat on the linux server needed for the NT clients!

If you've got Samba 3.x, the Samba online docs give lengthy instructions
on how to set up a printer. It goes on a GREAT length. On a RH box the
docs can be found in /usr/share/doc/samba*/docs/htmldocs. Point your
browser at the file index.html in that directory and follow the links to
the printing docs.

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.