[Samba] Samba 3 smbstatus not as good

Tom Schaefer tom at umsl.edu
Sat Jul 31 17:37:45 GMT 2004

At 07:54 AM 7/31/04, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>The problem is, that information is not valid, except in
>'security=share' and 'force user' cases.  In all other cases, the user
>that connects to the share is not necessarily connected to the user
>actually accessing the share.

Thankyou very much for responding Andrew.

I guess the rub is that you are assuming what I want to know with smbstatus
is the true user/group that initially connected.  That is nice to know but
to me it is more valuable to know the effective user/group that is
connected to the share, essentially as a means of verifying my "force user"
and/or "force group" directives worked.

Tom Schaefer