[Samba] Winbind + ext3 ACLs

Umberto Zanatta uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it
Fri Jul 30 07:40:45 GMT 2004

You don't care, 'cos your server is working with ldap.

If your server do by ldap, you will modify only /etc/nsswitch.conf like
that:

file /etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd: files ldap winbind
group: files ldap winbind
shadow: files ldap winbind

The system is going to search users in /etc/passwd, then ldap db, then
winbind (in other domains).

'winbind trusted domains only = yes' will give you a way to map domain
users from local users, 'cos
the ;
so ldap will search the users in ldap db.

Don't forget: your shares must have 'profile acls = no'.

I do hope my explanation make clear your question.

u.

Umberto Zanatta
linuxDidattica

tel: +39 (335) 54 71 385