[Samba] moving roaming profiles from 1 server to another

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at Hull.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 21:44:17 GMT 2004

hi all

I'm trying to move a roaming profile directory structure from 1 server to
another

Server 1 - old server to be phased out
Server 2 new server

At moment, user home directories are on server 2 along with various
applications
Server 1 has an ldap database, servies the printing and stores the roaming
profiles

The idea is to phase everything onto Server 2

Looking at my samba book, the smb.conf entry logon
is a UNC that is relative to the profiles share.

Would a simple way of moving the storage of the roaming profiles be to
create a profiles share on server 2 and then replace %L in the above
statement on server 1 to be the hostname of Server 2

... or do I have to set up an nfs mount from server 1 to server 2 that
points to the appropriate directory and use that?

BTW Samba 2.2.8a

TIA
Alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2