[Samba] Samba+LDAP - so close yet so far :) ...STILL NOT SOLVED

Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com
Fri Jul 30 07:23:32 GMT 2004

abebe lsslp <peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com>
30.07.2004 01:35

        To:     Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Samba] Samba+LDAP - so close yet so far  :) ...STILL NOT SOLVED

Hey Christian,
Thanks for your response and your willingness to help me out! However, I
am so excited to tell you that I have been able to join the domain for
right now. As you said, commenting out "root=administrator" in
'/etc/samba/smbusers' and then 'smbpasswd -a administrator' fixed the
problem.
> #nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=icw,dc=com?sub # uncomment when usin NIS
> #nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=icw,dc=com?sub # uncomment when using NIS
:))

>Don't you have to have the n 'nss_base_shadow'?
Only when your using NIS.
The problem is when joining Machine to Domain samba searches in ou=Peolple
because of "nss_base_shadow|passwd"
And I read this in the smbldap-tools Mailinglist (www.idealx.org)

> nss_base_group ou=Groups,dc=icw,dc=com?sub
> nss_base_hosts ou=Machines,dc=icw,dc=com?sub

>What version did the samba team fix the ou= Machines for hosts?
I started manage LDAP with "LAM" and there are Machines and not Computers
so I stayed on Machines.
Now I make quick mods on LDAP with "phpMyLDAPAdmin" it's great.

>I will contact you if I have trouble with this as I configure Samba+LDAP
on the production box.
OK

Thanks again,

Ambex