[Samba] Samba 3 + LDAP as PDC join domain problem

Jacky C.K Tsoi cktsoi at nyss.edu.hk
Fri Jul 30 04:45:58 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I've setup Samba 3.0.5 + OpenLDAP (ldapsam) and everything work correctly.
However, while my Windows 200x workstation join the domain, I need to join it
twice. Here is what I do:

1. Go to Computer properties -> Computer Name -> Change
2. Enter the new domain name
3. Enter Administrator and password

then, it will return me that the user name cannot be found.
I've checked the LDAP directory that the computer account is created
successfully without any problem.  So, I click OK again and enter the
Administrator account password again, and it success.

So, I'd like to know, why I need to do it twice even though the computer
account is already created successfully at the fist time?

Thanks a lot.

---
Jacky C.K Tsoi