[Samba] winbind question - internal module error

Ben Kim bkim at coe.tamu.edu
Wed Jul 28 14:06:58 GMT 2004

I have winbind 2.2.9 on solaris 8, sparc.

security = domain
winbind use default domain = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes

I'm getting this error in my /var/adm/messages.

pam_winbind[508]: [ID 637597 auth.error] internal module error (retval =
3, user = `someuser'

It's not affecting winbind functionality, winbind works fine, but I'm not
comfortable having the messages constantly logged.

Could anyone offer some advice?

Thanks.

Ben Kim