[Samba] security = ADS

Rashaad S. Hyndman IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Thu Jul 22 20:51:35 GMT 2004

That seems to be an interesting concept but does work in this case for some
reason.  Here is what i did:

C:\Documents and Settings\rshyndman>net use * \\10.55.222.82\public\
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

C:\Documents and Settings\rshyndman>ping 10.55.222.82

Pinging 10.55.222.82 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 10.55.222.82: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=64
Reply from 10.55.222.82: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=64

Interesting thing here is that is says name not found but i can ping both by
name and ip. You think mapping name to ip in the hosts file will help?  Hmmm
:-(