[Samba] security = ADS

Rashaad S. Hyndman IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Fri Jul 23 13:10:13 GMT 2004

HErE arE my ConF file

                 ----------------------------------------SMB.conf----------------------
#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]

netbios name = smbserver_name
realm = MYREALM.NET

   workgroup = mydomain

   server string = %h server (Samba %v)

password server = addc01.MYREALM.NET
security = ADS

   wins support = yes

   include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

   dns proxy = no

    name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast

#### Debugging/Accounting ####

   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
   max log size = 1000

   syslog = 0

####### Authentication #######

   encrypt passwords = yes

   passdb backend = tdbsam guest

   obey pam restrictions = yes

   guest account = guest
   invalid users = root

   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .

#======================= Share Definitions =======================

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   preserver case = yes
   short preserve case = yes

[public]
  comment = Software and tool downloads
  browseable = yes
  path = /usr/share/public
  writable = no
  public = yes

   writable = no

   create mask = 0700

   directory mask = 0700

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
   public = no
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700

[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /var/lib/samba/printers
   browseable = yes
   read only = yes
   guest ok = no

===============================

------------------------------krb5.conf--------------------------

 [logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/kerberos/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/kerberos/krb5kdc.log
 admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kerberos/kadmind.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = MYREALM.NET

[relams]
 MYREALM.NET= {
  kdc = addc01.MYREALM.NET
}

[domain_realms]
 .addc01.myrealm.net  = MYREALM.NET

These are the only files that i have editted to get to this point.  I really appreciate your help.