[Samba] smbldap tools & cluster troubles!!!

Cristian van Ee cristian at cvee.org
Thu Jul 22 20:25:21 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm running into a big problem and i'm thinking the cause is the Samba
cluster i have!!!

I have 2 servers, lets call them Server1 and Server2 and they are together
a cluster called Cluster.
Now I have a W2K3 Domain and i want to make a trust with Cluster!!!
For some reason this doesn't work... I Get the message that the W2K3
domain doesn't have a computer account @ Cluster...
When I test the same configuration to a non cluster enviroment i don't
have this problem...

I'm using Samba 2.0.4 @ Redhat linux Enterprise Edition 3.0 with the
latest LDAP version and SmbLDAP tools 0.8.5...
I can add the domain with smbldap-useradd -i Cluster...
The object appears with the I key in LDAP... This means it is a
Interdomain Trust object...
So everything looks OK in samba and ldap... i can even read the LDAP stuff
via Cluster...

I think somehow the W2K3 domain/ADS doesn't understand that Cluster is one
of the 2 Servers in the cluster...

Does anyone have experience with Samba in a cluster and a W2K0 or W2K3
domain trust!!!???!!!???

Please help me!!!!

Greetz,

Cristian van Ee

--
For religious reasons, I don't answer non personal email on Sunday.