[Samba] security = ADS

Rashaad S. Hyndman IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Thu Jul 22 17:54:06 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I've been fighting with joining my samba server (debian) to my active directory domain for 4 days now.  The problem here is that users in my active directory domain on windows machines are not able to browse my samba shares without being prompted for authentication.

I can:
- Join the domain from samba server using net ads
- View list of tickets when brownsing window shares with klist
- list window shares without being prompted with "smbclient -k -L <windows_servername>

I can NOT:
- use "net use * \\<smb_servername>\share" from window based machine.
(this resultes in "The password or user name is invalid for \\delshare\public" (delshare being my samba server name)

I have no clue what to do from here. I've looked over my smb.conf file 20 times likewise my krb5.conf file

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've arn out of tests.

R.