[Samba] Samba Upgrade

Ninti Systems office at ninti.com.au
Tue Jul 20 05:57:24 GMT 2004

If you could find a spare server box somewhere, it is always nice to
have the luxury of building a test machine to trial a new system before
finally pulling the plug on a reliable known-to-work system.

AFAIK samba 3.0.4 is the latest stable version, most new distros now
include it (eg Slackware 10 which was released a couple of weeks back).
If you're going to upgrade, you may as well go for the latest stable
version as a general rule.

Michael Hall

--
Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions